PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
I am committed to protecting your privacy
I collect a certain amount of personal data when you attend my classes. This is for the purposes of meeting insurance company criteria as well as for your health and safety at yoga. Health information is also used to tailor sessions to suit your individual needs.
Data in relation to credit card payments and reserving space in my workshops and classes is processed by Paypal on their secure websites and they have their own privacy policies.
I use the information collected to help plan and tailor my yoga teaching to the needs of participants, and also to market my services – for example forthcoming workshops via email. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think there is a problem with the way I am handling your data.
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files — “cookies” — that hold information which allows a website to recognize your account. My website and associated websites (e.g paypal ) takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
Use of the video service provider "Zoom"
I use Zoom to provide online classes and to make classes available afterwards. You will be asked to give your consent to recording when you join a class, and that is recorded onto the Zoom cloud.
In order to make the 'teacher view' of that recording available as an unlisted video on YouTube afterwards, I transfer that recording onto my own machine. There may be glimpses of students as part of that recording (e.g. if one of us unmutes the sound), which will then appear on YouTube. Again zoom has their own priviacy policy which you can find on their site.
I do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website and third-party websites. I may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with my business. You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future I should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
I may from time-to-time provide information of a general nature to third parties — for example, the number of individuals visiting my website or completing a registration form, but I will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
Changes to this Policy
Health & Safety (including Covid-19)
The health and safety of our community is our top priority, and we ask for your assistance in keeping yourself and others safe and healthy during these unprecedented times and in dealing with Covid-19. Little Lotus Yoga and other teachers at the studio are taking steps to protect our community and in addition, there are steps whereby each person can take charge of their own health and wellness inside our studio. We look forward to continuing to provide a safe and healthy yoga environment to our beloved yoga community.
We believe yoga is a safe and wonderful way to stay healthy. We hope that you will continue your yoga practice with us,
keeping our yoga community thriving and strong.
1. STAY HOME If you exhibit flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or a rise in temperature, please stay home! Keep our community safe.
2. SURFACES: Our efforts to keep our studio germ free include cleaning and sanitizing countertops, door handles, bathroom fixtures, yoga floors, and often-touched areas every day. We will keep front door open whilst you enter class and open for leaving. We are implementing a strict cleaning procedure and will be cleaning/sanitizing all touch surfaces after each class and allowing more time between classes for this procedure. We encourage you to wash your hands before and after class.
3. SANITIZATION: We will provide hand sanitizer at the front door and in the bathroom antibacterial soap will be provided as well as wipes. Sanitizing spray will be used on carpet and sofa area and any props that may have been used. We suggest you wash your hands or sanitize before and after class.
4. BELONGINGS & PROPS: Please bring as little personal belongings with you as much as possible. When you enter the studio please take off your shoes and place them in a cubby hole with your belongings, these cubby holes are cleaned before and after each class. Where applicable please bring your own mats and props, if you need to purchase either of these please let us know and we can arrange this for you to be collected at the studio.
5. WATER: Please feel free to bring your own water bottle, preferably in a re-usable bottle to help the environment. Please ask before re-filling your bottle and ensure each touch point if you have done so has been sanitised. Other drinks that may be served at the studio will be served by the teacher and the cups/ mugs will have all been cleaned and dried before and after use.
6. REGISTRATION: Students are REQUIRED to sign up for class via the website or social media. . No “walk ins” will be permitted. Space will be limited.
7. SIZE OF CLASSES: Classes will be sized appropriately to the activity taking place with a maximum of 13 /14 students in the busiest classes. Unless with your own house hold you must social distance from other students and mats can be arranged on the floor in line with the markers. These markers are measured to be 2 M + from the centre of your mat and there for 2 M + if following synchronised movements.
8. PPE: Masks are not required for yoga. However upon entering and leaving you must wear a mask unless exempt. Once on your mat, you may remove your mask for the class in order to prevent lack of oxygen or hyperventilation. Once class is over you may return to wearing your mask. Instructors will wear masks and take them off on their mats.
9. LOST/LEFT BEHIND ARTICLES: Little Lotus Yoga and other teachers are not responsible for any personal items left behind at the studio.
10. REFUND POLICY: Please speak to individual teachers about their refund policy. Little Lotus Yoga does not offer refunds for class cancelations, however if you feel the circumstances to be considered for a refund , please contact us and we will try our best to accommodate you fairly.
11. LIABILITY WAIVER: All students must sign before partaking in the class. Please speak to individual teachers about their preferred way of doing this.